About the Company
Our company is an industry leader in Canada and continues to be involved in some of the finest homes and businesses in the Greater Toronto Area. We are a company that cares about our staff and knows that a happy staff makes happy clients. We provide a wide range of product solutions in each business area and are committed to being the industries best service provider.
Currently, we are seeking a full-time experienced Audio AV-IT Project Manager to join our Toronto, ON team. The Project Manager plans, schedules, organizes, and directs application engineering, material and equipment procurement, field installation and start-up of assigned projects.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties
Manages, oversees, and coordinates all aspects for medium to large, typically more complex projects from approval through completion of project. May handle multiple projects simultaneously.
• Translates a wide variety of customer needs/requirements requiring originality and ingenuity into detailed estimates, proposals, and project plans to meet Customer requirements; reviews and approves estimated costs prior to bid; provision of technical assistance to sales force as and when required; project design engineering; supervision of installation labor and sub-contractors' preparation of project schedules, subcontracts, change proposals, project invoices; manages collections on projects.
• Proactively communicates project requirements to team and wider organization as and when required and maintains accurate and up to date records of job status, job changes, material flow and other control records necessary for processing of internal and external reports.
• Identifies potential project risks and develops/implements strategies to minimize impact and control deviations from estimated costs and project deadlines.
• Establish project milestones and analyze costs; utilizes financial systems to review actual vs. estimated job cost and to provide timely and accurate project cost reports.
• Manage the execution and review of all scope of work, terms and conditions in customer contracts including cost control, delivery fulfillment, and quality of assurance, and other customer requirements as they arise
· Bachelor’s Degree in Electronics Engineering and/or Post Graduation Certificate in Project Management, related field, or equivalent experience
· Minimum of five years of previous project management experience in AV-IT industry is a must
· Industry-specific certifications and/or licenses a plus
· Strong coaching, mentoring, and staff development skills; solid leadership orientation –
· Shows initiative – engages in proactive behavior and looks for opportunities
· Strong analytical skills necessary to resolve problems and look for solutions
· Strong financial analytical skills, including cost control
· Must be legally eligible to work for any employer in Canada (for example, by way of Canadian citizenship, permanent residency, or work permit)
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electronics or Computer Engineering and/or Post Graduation Certificate in Project Management, related field, or equivalent experience
• Relevant work experience in the field for a significant amount of time
• Project Management Software, experience with D-Tools will be an asset
• Competitive wages
• Employer contribution to RRSP
• Work environment committed to safety
• Reimbursement to support continuous learning
• Comprehensive benefit plan (medical, dental, etc.) after probation
Canadian Smart Systems is dedicated to your growth and development, we are invested in supporting you with continued learning, Canadian Smart Systems has an excellent continuing development program to pursue additional education/training with our financial support. Within, Canadian Smart Systems our culture is one where you will be able to advance your knowledge, demonstrate your skills and make a real difference to the lives of our customers and to help push forward the business and take our success to the next level.
Join the team at Canadian Smart Systems and take the next steps in your career and see the growth, personally and professionally with your personal development.
Canadian Smart System is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes applications from candidates, regardless of race, national or ethnic origin, color, religion, sex, age or mental or physical disability. If accommodation needs to be improved, please note they will need to be made aware of beforehand.