About the Company
Our company is an industry leader in Canada and continues to be involved in some of the finest homes and businesses in the Greater Toronto Area. We are a company that cares about our staff and knows that a happy staff makes happy clients. We provide a wide range of product solutions in each business area and are committed to being the industry's best service provider.
Currently, we are seeking a Part Time Dispatcher to join our Toronto, ON team. The Dispatcher will hold a Junior level position, the ideal candidate will have excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail. As a potential candidate you will take pride in your work and find satisfaction in a job well done.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties
• Manage multiple accounts and Point of Contacts (POC)
• Manage requests from portals such as: Field Nation, Techlink and WorkMarket
• Assist in new hires, review job resumes, set up interviews
• Monitoring requests from technicians, ordering equipment, placing orders etc.
• Dispatching calls to appropriate technicians, communicating via Teams and updating daily tickets in D-Tools
· Knowledge and experience working with D-Tools
· Customer-oriented with excellent customer service skills and fluency in English.
· Strong attention to the detail, organization, and prioritization skills
· Ability to work both independently and in a team setting
· Willingness to learn additional software.
· Experience working in shift work
· 2-3 years experience in a similar role
· Must be legally eligible to work for any employer in Canada (for example, by way of Canadian citizenship, permanent residency, or work permit)
• High School Diploma Required or 2-3 years of relevant work experience
• Customer Service Experience
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Ability to resolve conflict and problem solve
• Multitasking skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Knowledge of basic computer programs and aptitude to learn new software applications
• Competitive wages;
• Employer contribution to RRSP;
• Work environment committed to safety;
• Reimbursement to support continuous learning;
• Comprehensive benefit plan (medical, dental, etc.) after probation
Canadian Smart Systems is dedicated to your growth and development, we are invested in supporting you with continued learning, Canadian Smart Systems has an excellent continuing development program to pursue additional education/training with our financial support. Within, Canadian Smart Systems our culture is one where you will be able to advance your knowledge, demonstrate your skills and make a real difference to the lives of our customers and to help push forward the business and take our success to the next level.
Join the team at Canadian Smart Systems and take the next steps in your career and see the growth, personally and professionally with your personal development.
Canadian Smart System is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes applications from candidates, regardless of race, nationality or ethnic origin, color, religion, sex, age or mental or physical disability. If accommodation needs to be improved, please note they will need to be made aware of beforehand.