About the Company
Our company is an industry leader in Canada and continues to be involved in some of the finest homes and businesses in the Greater Toronto Area. We are a company that cares about our staff and knows that a happy staff makes happy clients. We provide a wide range of product solutions in each business area and are committed to being the industry's best service provider.
Currently, we are seeking an experienced Junior AV-IT Field Technician to join our Toronto, ON team. The Junior AV-IT Field Technician will hold a junior level position focused on installing, assisting, and maintaining complex AV and security-surveillance systems solutions to our clients.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties
Independently, oversees and coordinates all aspects for medium to large, typically more complex projects. May handle multiple projects simultaneously.
• Installing and servicing cabling infrastructure and audio/visual devices including pre-wiring, installation, termination, testing, reporting, and labeling per specifications and drawings
• Installing audio/visual equipment including audio and video conferencing equipment, distributed audio, digital signage, sound reinforcement, control systems and all presentation systems
• Participate in-system programming and commissioning software to establish a connection with devices
• Installation of equipment including but not limited to: TV, Projectors, Video Walls, architectural speakers, touchscreens and keypads, automated power shades
• Build racks and understand the racking layouts and implement strong cable management practices
• Read and interpret system diagrams and construction drawings and floor plans
• Ensure safety and incident reporting procedures are followed
• Administrative duties include project updates to Project Managers, completing and filing all project documents
· The ability to work from heights and be able to lift 20ft & 28 ft ladder (60 lbs)
· Customer oriented with excellent customer service skills and fluency in English
· Work 8-10 hours per day, and rotating weekends under a variety of weather conditions
· Advanced computer skills, responsible for some administrative duties through both manual and automated processing
· Work in a fast-paced environment and meet tight deadlines
· Perform a combination of sitting, standing, walking, bending, crouching, kneeling, manual dexterity, and working in adverse weather conditions
· Work in a variety of outdoor settings as well as within residential and commercial setting
· 1-3 years of relevant experience
· Strong attention to the detail, organization, and prioritization skills
· Problem solver with demonstrated creativity in planning ahead, decision making and risk anticipation
· Ability to work both independently and in a team setting
· Working knowledge of Smart Camera, Smart Doorbells, Smart Door Locks, Smart Thermostats, Smart Speakers and Hubs, Smart Sensors is an asset
· Experience installing of Smart Home Systems, IP Cameras, NVRs and DVRs, Nest Thermostats, Ring Doorbells, Google Home devices
· A reliable vehicle (Must have G level driver's license)
· Must be legally eligible to work for any employer in Canada (for example, by way of Canadian citizenship, permanent residency, or work permit)
• High School Diploma required. 1-3 years’ experience setting up/operating and dismantling of live audio-visual production
• Ability to operate audio visual equipment seamlessly and accurately
• Personal vehicle is a must
• Valid driver’s license with clean drivers abstracts
• Positive attitude in a fast pace working environment
• Competitive wages
• Employer contribution to RRSP
• Work environment committed to safety
• Reimbursement to support continuous learning
• Comprehensive benefit plan (medical, dental, etc.) after probation
Canadian Smart Systems is dedicated to your growth and development, we are invested in supporting you with continued learning, Canadian Smart Systems has an excellent continuing development program to pursue additional education/training with our financial support. Within, Canadian Smart Systems our culture is one where you will be able to advance your knowledge, demonstrate your skills and make a real difference to the lives of our customers and to help push forward the business and take our success to the next level.
Join the team at Canadian Smart Systems and take the next steps in your career and see the growth, personally and professionally with your personal development.
Canadian Smart System is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes applications from candidates, regardless of race, nationality or ethnic origin, color, religion, sex, age or mental or physical disability. If accommodation needs to be improved, please note they will need to be made aware of beforehand.
In order to ensure this application is acceptable, please fill the application being fully completed in order for it to be considered. Please complete each section.