About the Company
Our company is an industry leader in Canada and continues to be involved in some of the finest homes and businesses in the Greater Toronto Area. We are a company that cares about our staff and knows that a happy staff makes happy clients. We provide a wide range of product solutions in each business area and are committed to being the industries best service provider.
Currently, we are seeking an experienced Senior AV-IT Field Technician to join our Toronto, ON team. The Senior AV-IT Field Technician will hold a senior level position and want to be in a leadership role to help manage and oversee AV projects. You have a project mindset in overseeing and managing multiple projects from start to finish. You as this individual, enjoy working within a team, being organized and detailed oriented.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties
• Oversee, plan, and implement the day-to-day interactions of multiple AV projects with internal AV and project team members, clients, and vendors
• Review and acquire a thorough understanding of contract documents for each assigned project including but not limited to project scope of work, bid drawings, and specifications, contract and subcontractor scopes of work and construction schedules
• Provide support for projects to the defined scope of work, implement scope management procedures and defined timelines to deliver projects on schedule
• Review and present deliverables across projects and report project status to relevant stakeholders, including the internal team and clients
• Ensure customer satisfaction and focus on building client relationships
· The ability to work from heights and be able to lift 20ft & 28 ft ladder (60 lbs)
· Customer oriented with excellent customer service skills and fluency in English
· Work 8-10 hours per day, and rotating weekends under a variety of weather conditions
· Advanced computer skills, responsible for some administrative duties through both manual and automated processing
· Work in a fast-paced environment and meet tight deadlines
· Perform a combination of sitting, standing, walking, bending, crouching, kneeling, manual dexterity, and working in adverse weather conditions
· Work in a variety of outdoor settings as well as within residential and commercial setting
· 3+ years of relevant experience
· Strong attention to detail, organization, and prioritization skills
· Problem solver with demonstrated creativity in planning ahead, decision making and risk anticipation
· Ability to work both independently and in a team setting
· Working knowledge of Smart Camera, Smart Doorbells, Smart Door Locks, Smart Thermostats, Smart Speakers and Hubs, Smart Sensors is an asset
· Experience installing of Smart Home Systems, IP Cameras, NVRs and DVRs, Nest Thermostats, Ring Doorbells, Google Home devices
· A reliable vehicle (Must have G level driver's license)
· Must be legally eligible to work for any employer in Canada (for example, by way of Canadian citizenship, permanent residency, or work permit)
• College Diploma in Electronics/Networking or min. 3 years’ experience with a strong understanding of digital enterprise, home theatre and security Audio/Video technical integrations and installations
• Proficient in using Microsoft Office 365
• Strong organizational, attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
• Strong interpersonal, team and collaboration mindset.
• Demonstrated ability with problem-solving, critical thinking and analytical skills.
• Strong communication skills (written, verbal, and presentation)
• Competitive wages
• Employer contribution to RRSP
• Work environment committed to safety
• Reimbursement to support continuous learning
• Comprehensive benefit plan (medical, dental, etc.) after probation
Canadian Smart Systems is dedicated to your growth and development, we are invested in supporting you with continued learning, Canadian Smart Systems has an excellent continuing development program to pursue additional education/training with our financial support. Within, Canadian Smart Systems our culture is one where you will be able to advance your knowledge, demonstrate your skills and make a real difference to the lives of our customers and to help push forward the business and take our success to the next level.
Join the team at Canadian Smart Systems and take the next steps in your career and see the growth, personally and professionally with your personal development.
Canadian Smart System is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes applications from candidates, regardless of race, nationality or ethnic origin, color, religion, sex, age or mental or physical disability. If accommodation needs to be improved, please note they will need to be made aware beforehand.